North Carolina, United States – A new report published by INDA, the Association of the Nonwoven Fabrics Industry, forecasts excellent growth in the global and regional nonwovens wipes markets through the next four years.
According to the Global Nonwoven Wipes Industry Outlook, 2016, the wipes market is one of the fastest growing and most-dynamic nonwoven sectors. INDA is responding to the business need for a single global segmented wipes report intended for decision makers involved in the nonwovens wipes industry supply chain, from raw material and machinery suppliers to converters, and brand owners to investors.
The in-depth report provides a view of the production data for nonwoven wipes for each major region of the world including: North America, Greater Europe, Asia, South America, Middle East and North Africa, and the rest of the world. In addition, the report provides a regional view across 31 nonwoven wipes segments within North America and six segments within the South American region.
Among the highlights of the report:
- Global nonwoven wipes markets rank second in tonnage, accounting for 13 percent of all nonwovens produced, and is the second-fastest growing end use after transportation.
- In North America, wipes are the second largest end-use category accounting for 14 percent of the nonwoven fabric consumed.
- In South America, wipes accounted for 2 percent of the production in 2015, with baby wipes leading growth for the overall wipes category.
“This report is a ‘must have’ for business planners in — or thinking of getting into — the nonwoven wipes industry. This comprehensive report consolidates into a single document the wipes industry data from three of our overall nonwoven industry reports. This consolidation puts in one place the best sector data available to enhance decision making in this growing area,” said Dave Rousse, INDA President.
INDA’s report is based upon primary research, secondary research, economic data and INDA’s internal databases. Dozens of extensive interviews and surveys were conducted within a wide range of industry participants including suppliers, producers, converters, and brand owners throughout the supply chain. INDA compiled the wipes data from three INDA triennial reports:
- North American Nonwovens Industry Outlook, 2013–2018
- Worldwide Outlook for the Nonwovens Industry, 2014–2020
- South American Nonwovens Industry Outlook, 2015-2020