Kansas, United States – INVISTA, owner of the original elastane LYCRA® fiber, has a proven history of driving innovation in the apparel industry. Now the firm is poised to strengthen its leadership position in the intimate apparel category with the development of an exciting new proprietary tool: the LYCRA® Bra Fabric Finder™. Created to help casual bra designers select the most optimal fabric to deliver improved garment performance, this platform will be unveiled at Interfilière Paris, a leading international fabric sourcing show for intimates, swimwear and active wear, taking place July 8-10.
- Building on the LYCRA® MOVES ATHLEISURE launch and anchored within consumer findings, the LYCRA® brand developed proprietary innovation in response to casualization of the bra market
INVISTA has developed the LYCRA® Bra Fabric Finder™ in response to the current consumer-driven shift towards casual bras including wire-free bras, sports bra, bralette or bandeau. While garment design and construction remains important to bra quality and performance, INVISTA knows fabric selection is critical when it comes to deconstructed, casual bras. This innovation can help designers easily identify the best fabric construction and help add functionality to any casual bra collection.
How does the LYCRA® Bra Fabric Finder™ work?
Casual bra designers identify the desired comfort and support level they need:
- Active fabrics are meant for high support and medium comfort. Ideal for a more dynamic look or for light physical activities such as yoga.
- Everyday fabrics grant a mix between comfort and support. Perfect for all-day, from morning to evening.
- Leisure fabrics provide high comfort and medium support. Great for lingering at home.
…. followed by the shaping type:
- Natural shaping for a softer, truer silhouette.
- Power shaping for more defined curves.
Then, they can select the appropriate certified fabric to meet their needs.
Fabric goes through a rigorous testing process to ensure it meets the predetermined parameters of each IP-protected index. As a result, designers will be able to create the perfect casual bra that delivers the shape and support women need, and the comfort they want.
Producers who utilize the LYCRA® Bra Fabric Finder™ will be able to leverage INVISTA’s expertise to create compelling new casual bra offerings, increase wearer satisfaction, and gain market share by driving brand loyalty, increase Average Unit Retail and repeat purchases by increasing consumer satisfaction.
“Today, Women want to be the best they can be and they’re tired of having to sacrifice support and shape for comfort—they want it all,” said Melissa Minihan, vice president of marketing, Intimate Apparel, at INVISTA. “Casual bras are not a fad that will die out. Their widespread, global appeal represents a style evolution, and the LYCRA® Bra Fabric Finder™ will make it easier than ever before for brands to meet this growing demand and gain market share.”