Shanghai, China – In the entire process of creating a garment, the accessories used might be the smallest part and applied at the very end, but they can have an outsized impact on the final look of the garment. These small pieces will also have a larger-than-life impact at next month’s Intertextile Shanghai Apparel Fabrics, with an extra Accessories Vision hall (West Hall) added to the existing hall 4.2 to accommodate the more than 630 fashion and garment accessories exhibitors participating this year. High-end European accessories suppliers will also feature in SalonEurope (hall 6.2). The increase in accessories exhibitors this edition adds to the 4,500-plus total suppliers taking part across all apparel fabrics and accessories sectors.
Newly released products, AW 18-19 collections and innovative options on offer in two dedicated accessories halls
With so many suppliers under one roof, buyers are guaranteed a range of sourcing options to meet all needs. As with the rest of the fair’s product groups, amongst the offerings are a number of new product launches, products styled for the AW 2018/19 season, innovative products and eco-friendly options. Just some of the exhibitor highlights in the Accessories Vision halls this edition are:
- Preciosa Crystal Components (Czech Republic): With a tradition of glassmaking that can be traced back to 1548 in the Crystal Valley of Bohemia, today Preciosa offers more than 25,000 premium fashion and jewellery stones. Their AW 2018/19 Inspirations & Innovations collection includes new colours such as Deep Sea, Erinite and Smoked Sapphire, new coatings Crystal Red Flame and Crystal Lava, as well as new shapes.
- 3M China: This renowned innovator will feature its 3M™ Thinsulate™ Featherless Insulation, a loose fill down alternative that mimics or surpasses the performance of natural down in fill power, loft and performance when wet.
- Kee Zippers (Hong Kong): Their round-code-teeth zipper features an innovative design with patented teeth for enhanced windproof properties.
- Sun Mei Button Enterprise (Taiwan): Sun Mei will showcase its new series of acrylic pendants at the fair, with nearly 3,000 choices in various shapes, sizes and colours.
Accessories highlights in SalonEurope include:
- Freudenberg & Vilene: They have developed a new thermal insulation, the comfortemp® branded fibre ball padding. According to the company, this padding insulates more than twice as well as traditional padding, as well as being lightweight and as soft as down. And as one of the leaders in the PFC-free movement, they will exhibit a number of eco-friendly products at the fair as well.
- American & Efird: A regular exhibitor at the fair, A&E will showcase their newly launched Anefil™ Reflector sewing thread used in coverstitch and overedge applications. According to the company, “Anefil™ Reflector adds another layer of functionality in sewing that has traditionally been dominated by reflective tape.”
Debut Button & Garment Accessories Industry Chamber Pavilion
For the first time at Intertextile Shanghai, Hong Kong accessories suppliers will be represented in the Button & Garment Accessories Industry Chamber Pavilion. Also within Accessories Vision in hall 4.2 is the Shishi Pavilion from China. They will be joined by a number of China’s leading accessories suppliers including Charms Metal Manufacturer, Guangzhou Unitypeak Garment Accessories, Shanghai YKK Zipper, Suzhou Chosion Textile Groupstock, Webest Interlining, Weixing Industrial Development and Zhejiang Sanding Weaving. Accounting for the increased number of exhibitors this edition, the Accessories Vision halls will have a more defined grouping of exhibitors to maximise sourcing efficiency, including lining, interlining, tag, ribbon and lace & embroidery zones.
In addition to Intertextile Shanghai Apparel Fabrics, three other textile fairs take place at the National Exhibition and Convention Center during the same period: Yarn Expo Autumn (hall 5.1), CHIC (halls 2 & 3) and PH Value (hall 3).
Intertextile Shanghai Apparel Fabrics – Autumn Edition 2017 is co-organised by Messe Frankfurt (HK) Ltd; the Sub-Council of Textile Industry, CCPIT; and the China Textile Information Centre.
Source: Messe Frankfurt