London, United Kingdom – Seven companies commit to the Zero Discharge of Hazardous Chemicals (ZDHC) Program, a collaboration of leading textile, leather and footwear brands working collaboratively together to implement safer chemistry practices to protect consumers, workers and the environment.
Joining the ZDHC Program, the organisations commit to a strengthened commitment towards better chemical management practices and the adoption and implementation of ZDHC tools. These include amongst others the ZDHC Manufacturing Restricted Substances List (MRSL) and Wastewater Guidelines.
“We’re encouraged to see growing support for our work because one brand or supplier cannot achieve this change alone.” says ZDHC Executive Director Frank Michel.
“Standard setting, collaborative implementation and industry engagement are all key to driving the success of the program forward.”
Last month, ZDHC soft launched the ZDHC Gateway – Chemical Module to the ZDHC Community. This new open database makes information on sustainable chemistry broadly available and functions as an online search tool that will help chemical buyers to choose safer options available in the market.
Joining as Value Chain Affiliates are:
- American & Efird LLC is one of the world’s foremost manufacturers of industrial sewing thread, embroidery thread, and technical textiles. A&E is a recognized industry leader in environmental sustainability and corporate social responsibility and operates its global facilities with the utmost regard for the safety and health of its associates employed worldwide.
- BRACHI TESTING SERVICES is the guarantor of quality for the fashion and furnishing industry. It performs a full range of analysis on apparel, shoes, leather goods, accessories and textile coating. It is the only Italian lab with its own establishments in China and Bangladesh. Also, it is a partner of 4Sustainability.
- BRITACEL SILICONES, established in 1989, is a global supplier of Silicones and auxiliary chemicals. With a reputation for constant product innovation, their focus lies on the environment with an emphasis on developing newer products with green chemistry.
- BUREAU VERITAS GROUP, is a global leader in testing, inspection, audit and certification services for the consumer products marketplace. Their services help companies conform to regulations, reduce risk, improve performance and drive trust throughout the value chain.
- Intertek is a leading Total Quality Assurance provider to industries worldwide. Leveraging robust experience and capabilities in Assurance, Testing, Inspection and Certification, as well as in the textiles and footwear industry, Intertek delivers comprehensive solutions, enabling fashion retailers and brands to fulfill their ZDHC Program commitment.
- INT International Group is a worldwide operating company and supplier of innovative textile chemicals with profound process and engineering know-how. INT is developing wide range of high quality and ECO-friendly certified products on textile industry such as dyestuffs, textile auxiliaries, textile screen printing inks and specialities.
Joining as an Associate is:
- C&A Foundation, the corporate foundation of global retailer C&A, is here to transform the fashion industry. Through financial support, expertise and networks C&A Foundation empowers its partners so they can make the apparel industry work better for every person it touches.
With the addition of these seven companies, the total number of contributors to the ZDHC Program is 70, divided into three categories – 23 Signatory Brands, 33 Value Chain Affiliates and 14 Associates.