New South Wales, Australia – Good Environmental Choice Australia , which runs Australia’s only independent, not-for-profit, multi-sector ecolabelling program and is the only Australian member of the Global Ecolabelling Network (GEN).
GECA runs the country’s only transparent green certification program by developing standards against which products and services can be independently audited by our JAS-ANZ accredited conformance assessmnent bodies (CABs). Their standards are developed following ISO 14024 principles for global best practice in ecolabelling.
GECA provides thousands of certified products and services that can be trusted to have a lower impact on the environment and reduced negative social and health impacts.
GECA now welcomes thoughts and comments from all their licensees, other stakeholders and the general public.
This standard is applicable to the following range of products:
- Clothing, clothing textiles and accessories consisting of at least 90% by weight of textile fibres;
- Interior textiles consisting of at least 90% by weight of textile fibres;
- Fibre, yarn and fabric (including durable non-woven fabric) intended for use in textile clothing, accessories or interior textiles;
- Cleaning products: woven or non-woven fabric products intended for the wet or dry cleaning of surfaces and drying kitchenware; and
- Hide and leather products consisting of at least 90% by weight of leather/hide.
To view the draft click here
Source: Good Environmental Choice Australia (GECA)