Sydney, Australia – The Awards recognize excellence and achievement in Australia’s cotton industry throughout the supply chain, from growers and ginners to product suppliers, consultants, agronomists and researchers.
Nearly 500 people gathered to celebrate the recipients of the 2015 Australian Cotton Industry Awards at a ceremony held tonight at Narrabri.
The 2015 Australian Cotton Industry Awards recipients are:
- Monsanto Cotton Grower of the Year: Robert & Jennie Reardon, Tristram Hertslet, Reardon Operations (Talwood, Qld)
- AgriRisk High Achiever of the Year: Peter & Caroline Tuohey, Daisy Lodge Pty Ltd (Carrathool, NSW)
- Chris Lehmann Trust Young Achiever of the Year, sponsored by Bayer CropScience: Ross Burnett, “Barkool” (Emerald, Qld)
- Cotton Seed Distributors Researcher of the Year: Dr Geoff Baker & Colin Tann (CSIRO Agriculture Flagship, Narrabri, NSW)
- Incitec Pivot Fertilisers Service to Industry Award: Cleave Rogan, “Benelong” (St George, Qld)
Cotton Australia CEO Adam Kay says the finalists in this year’s awards were of an extremely high calibre, making the judges’ task very challenging.
“All of the finalists in this year’s program have contributed enormously to Australia’s cotton industry, which made the task of judging this year’s Awards only more difficult,” Mr Kay says.
“The Australian Cotton Industry Awards celebrate not just the great work and personal commitment of these individuals, but also the commitment of everyone throughout the cotton supply chain.”
“Sadly, there can be only one recipient in each category. All of the successful candidates this year have achieved great things within Australian cotton – they are magnificent ambassadors for our industry and I congratulate them all.”
Sponsors of this year’s Awards were:
- Bayer CropScience
- Cotton Seed Distributors
- Incitec Pivot Fertilizers
To view biographies of all 2015 Australian Cotton Industry Awards recipients click here
Source: Cotton Australia